The RPK40 is a multi-technology card reader
designed for customers upgrading their current card system from HID Prox to
iCLASS® credentials. With the RPK40 reader, the customer has the ability to
transition to smart cards over time while incorporating the use of multiple
card technologies within a single building or across multiple facilities.
With the RPK40 multiCLASS¢â reader, you get
enhanced security through mutual authentication and data encryption.
• Simple Migration - from the most popular
proximity technologies to iCLASS®
• Open Architecture Design - allows project
specific formats and keys Powerful Options - Provides flexible options for
processing multi-technology cards and configuring the reader's audio/visual
• All HID Card Formats Carryover
° 125kHz – HID, Indala, EM4102 or AWID proximity
° 13.56MHz – iCLASS, ISO 15693 CSN (MyD, ICODE, Tag it), ISO 14443A CSN (MIFARE,
DESFire), US Government PIV, ISO 14443B CSN, FeliCa¢â IDm, CEPAS CAN or CSN
• Read range: Refer to datasheet
• Dimensions: 3.3¡± x 4.8¡± x 1.05¡± (8.4 cm x 12.2 cm x 2.7 cm)
• Card Compatibility (125 kHz Proximity):
° HID or Indala proximity cards, key fobs,
° AWID Credentials
° EM4102 Credentials
• Card Compatibility (13.56 MHz contactless smart cards):
° ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte),
16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials; serial number
° ISO 14443A – read only; MIFARE and DESFire®
(serial number) iCLASS
° ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte),
2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials,
° US Government PIV (Rev B Reader Only)
° FeliCa IDm, CEPAS CAN/CSN (Transit Reader
• Keypad: A variety of keypad outputs are available.
Options include outputs of 4-bit, 8-bit (Dorado), 4-bit with parity, 26-bit
output, 4-keys with parity and local pin verify.
• Warranty: Lifetime. Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for life.