HID's FlexSmart MIFARE offerings encompass
the industry's broadest range of open standard contactless smart card products.
HID MIFARE is a credit card-sized credential ideal for diverse applications
such as access control, cashless vending, public transportation, corporate and
campus applications, event ticketing, customer loyalty and photo ID cards.
Manufactured to the highest quality
standards, HID MIFARE credentials have the memory structure and capacity to
store multiple applications on a single credential. Securely separated sectors,
each protected by a set of two keys and programmable access conditions, allow
complex applications and provide for future expansion. The data on the card is
protected with encryption keys used in the mutual authentication process.
Therefore, no important data will be shared until the card and reader have been
authenticated to each other.
• High Security - Mutual authentication, data
encryption and unique 32-bit serial number.
• Read/Write Functionality - Ideal for
• True Credit Card Thickness - Use with all
direct image and thermal transfer printers.
• Proven, Reliable Technology - Offers
extremely consistent read range. Use is unaffected by body shielding or
variable environmental conditions, even when close to keys and coins.
• Multiple Memory Types - Available in MIFARE
1K and 4K.
• Fast Processing and Data Communication -
Transaction times are less than 100 milliseconds for a typical secure ticketing
• Typical Maximum Read Range: Up to 4" (10 cm)
• Dimensions: 2.125" x 3.375" x .03" (5.4 x 8.57 x 0.076 cm)
• Memory Type: EEPROM, 1Kbyte (8,192 bits) or 4 Kbytes (32,768 bits)
• Multi-Application Memory:
° MIFARE 1K: memory arranged in 16 64-byte Sectors
° MIFARE 4K: memory arranged in 40 Sectors: 32 sectors of 64 bytes, 8 sectors of
• Warranty: Lifetime