HID's Proximity and FlexSmart MIFARE
contactless card combines smart card technology with the benefits of HID's
proven proximity technology. The card can be used for diverse applications such
as access control, cashless vending, public transportation, event ticketing,
customer loyalty and photo ID cards. Securely separated sectors enable multiple
applications and support future growth. Different keys can protect read/write
operations to build key hierarchies in the system.
As a transition solution, the card is ideal
for companies that want to add MIFARE smart card applications to an existing
HID proximity technology access control system. Manufactured to the highest
quality standards, HID Proximity and MIFARE credentials have the memory
structure and capacity to store multiple applications on a single credential.
The data is protected with encryption keys used in the mutual authentication
process. Therefore, no important data will be shared until the card and reader
have been authenticated to each other.
• Multiple Formats - Supports all HID
proximity card formats, including Corporate 1000.
• Transition Solution - Add smart card
applications to existing HID proximity technology access control system
• High Security - Mutual authentication, data
encryption and unique 32-bit serial number.
• Proven, Reliable Technology - Offers
extremely consistent read range. Unaffected by body shielding or variable
environmental conditions, even when close to keys and coins.
• Multiple Memory Types - Available in MIFARE
1K and 4K.
• True Credit Card Thickness - Use with all
direct image and thermal transfer printers.
• Typical Maximum Read Range:
° MIFARE: Up to 4" (10 cm)
° Prox: 2" - 4.5" (5.0 - 11.4 cm)
• Dimensions: 2.125" x 3.375" x .03" (5.4 x 8.57 x 0.084 cm)
• Card Construction: Gloss white/white PVC or PVC/Polyester Composite
• Memory Type: EEPROM, 1Kbyte (8,192 bits) or 4 Kbytes (32,768 bits)
• Multi-Application Memory:
° MIFARE 1K: memory arranged in 16 64-byte Sectors
° MIFARE 4K: memory arranged in 40 Sectors: 32 sectors of 64 bytes, 8 sectors of
• Warranty: Lifetime