The HID VertX products provide a complete
and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control
software host systems, communicating via industry standard TCP/IP protocol,
over 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, or the Internet. It can also interface with a
Windows® DLL. The V2000 boasts a 32-bit RISC processor running the Linux
Operating System. On-board flash memory allows program updates to be downloaded
via the network.
The V2000 connects to two access control card readers via
Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface controlling either one or two doors. This
architecture takes advantage of the existing corporate LAN and the existing
• Connects with and stores a complete access
control and configuration database for one or two controlled doors and 44,000
cardholders with expansion capability to 250,000 cardholders.
• Processes access control decisions.
• Reports supervised inputs/alarms with 255
• Includes an HTTP API, Windows® DLL-based
API, and a direct communication API.
• Allows local connection of a laptop
computer for diagnostics and configuration.
• Connects to the host and to other devices
on the TCP/IP network.
• Receives and processes real time commands
from the host software application.
• Reports all activity to the host
• Controls and communicates with all
• Buffers offline transactions and uploads to
the host when communication is restored.
• UL 294 and UL 1076 recognized components.
• Dimensions: 5.8" W x 4.825" H x 1.275" D (147.32 mm x 122.55 mm x 32.38 mm)
• Weight: 13.6 oz (.38 kg)
• Power Supply Requirements: 160 mA @ 12-18 VDC (with no readers connected)
• Operating Environment: Indoors or customer supplied NEMA-4 rated enclosure
• Temperature: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
• Communication Ports:
° TCP/IP – 10 or 100 Mbps
° SIA standard Wiegand/clock and data – two ports