The HID VertX products provide a complete
and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for OEM access control
software host systems, communicating via industry standard TCP/IP protocol,
over 10/100 Mbps Ethernet or the Internet. The V1000 boasts a 32-bit RISC
processor running the Linux Operating System. On-board flash memory allows
program updates to be downloaded via the network.
The V1000 connects up to 32
Door/Reader, Input Monitor, or Output Control Interfaces via two independent
RS-485 networks, each network having two sets of input connections for optimum
system topology. This architecture minimizes the impact on corporate LANs by
using only one TCP/IP address for every 32 interfaces, and by handling
low-level transactions on the RS-485 network.
• Stores a complete access control and
configuration database for up to 32 Reader Interfaces (up to 64 doors) and
44,000 cardholders with expansion capability up to 250,000 cardholders.
• The access control system interfaces with
combinations of devices with a maximum of:
° 32 Door/Reader interfaces (up to 64
° 32 input monitor interfaces 9 (up to 512
monitor points) or
° 32 output control interfaces (up to 384
• Reports supervised inputs/alarms with 255
priorities. Includes an HTTP API, Windows® DLL API, and direct communication API.
• Allows local connection of a laptop
computer for diagnostics and configuration.
• Connects to the host and other devices on a
• Receives and processes real time commands
from the host software application.
• Reports all activity to the host.
• Controls and communicates with all
• Buffers offline transactions and uploads to
the host when communication is restored.
• Allows fallback communications via dialup
or RF modem if TCP/IP network communication is lost.
• UL 294 and UL 1076 recognized component.
• Dimensions: 5.8" W x 4.825" H x 1.275" D (147.32 mm x 122.55 mm x 32.38 mm)
• Weight: 12.4 oz (.35 kg)
• Power Supply Requirements: 140 mA @ 12-18 VDC
• Operating Environment: Indoors, or customer-supplied NEMA-4 Enclosure
• Temperature: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
• Communication Ports:
° RS-485 – two wire.
° TCP-IP – one port, 10 or 100 Mbps