| Edge Solo Version 1.1.3 provides additional security to the web user interface, using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 and plan to use SSL, we recommend that you upgrade to Internet Explorer 7.
The Edge Solo web server uses a certificate signed by HID. Your browser may present you with a warning requesting that you accept this certificate. You must accept the certificate to proceed. If your Edge Solo is configured for DHCP, and the IP address of the unit changes, you will be presented with the warning again and you will have to re-accept the certificate.
Edge Solo Version 1.1 adds the following new features:
* Support for multiple languages, including: English, French, German, Spanish (International), Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Korean, Hindi (Help and documentation in English)
* Support for both 12 and 24 hour time formats
* Support for a range of international date formats
* Support for alternate last name, first name display formats
* Support for Internet Explorer 7
The upgrade is optional and free of charge.