| We would like to announce the release of the new MegaMatcher 11.0 line of biometric products, which include on-premise solutions, cloud services and software development kits (SDKs).
The latest versions include major algorithm enhancements that improve accuracy, speed and interoperability across multiple biometric modalities, any of which can be used alone or in combination:
* Fingerprint algorithm updates for template generation, extraction, classification and matching improve accuracy, speed and interoperability. New slap image segmentation algorithm detects the orientation of each fingerprint, allowing for the handling of more complex cases. Neurotechnology's fingerprint algorithms were top-ranked in the latest NIST MINEX III and PFT II evaluations.
* Face detection and recognition algorithms are significantly enhanced. 5 times higher recognition accuracy when set at a low False Acceptance Rate, compared to the previous version. Many more faces are now detected in varied and difficult conditions with full profile rotation of the head supported. The latest facial recognition algorithms also achieved high scores in NIST FRVT evaluations. Also: more accurate facial feature points detection, better face image quality estimation and improved face properties and emotion classifiers.
* Iris technology includes a new iris detection confidence feature to quickly verify the presence of an iris in a captured image. It also detects the presence of contact lenses, a possible distortion agent in image capture, as well as helps preventing the attempts at spoofing through the use of fake iris textures. The iris algorithm was also among the leaders in the latest NIST IREX IX evaluation.
* Voice recognition now incorporates a new, text-independent speaker recognition algorithm, which improves the error rate by nearly two times compared to the previous version.
* Palmprint in the latest MegaMatcher line comes with a new extraction algorithm and introduces a faster palmprint matcher.
Updated products in the MegaMatcher 11 line include:
* MegaMatcher SDK - for the development of large-scale single- or multi-biometric systems for Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS X, iOS, Android and ARM Linux platforms. It includes the following biometric modalities as well as SDKs for them: fingerprint (VeriFinger), face (VeriLook), eye iris (VeriEye) and voice (VeriSpeak).
* MegaMatcher Accelerator - a combined software and hardware solution that provides high-speed, high-volume biometric identification for national-scale projects.
* MegaMatcher On Card SDK - the matching-on-card technology takes advantage of the latest algorithm updates in the MegaMatcher 11 line. It stores a person's fingerprint, iris and face templates on a smart card and performs template matching in a microprocessor embedded in the card, instead of matching biometric information on a PC processor.
* MegaMatcher ABIS On-premise Solution - a complete turnkey solution for the deployment of large-scale multi-biometric projects using fingerprint, face and/or iris biometrics. Capabilities include identity management, deduplication, adjudication and a latent fingerprint editor among other features. The solution is designed for national ID, voter registration with record deduplication, passport issuance, border control, forensic/criminal investigations, government e-services, social services, banking systems, healthcare and other civil and private applications.
* MegaMatcher ABIS Cloud Service - a secure service with all the capabilities on on-premise deployment described above. Its functionality makes the system more accessible from multiple platforms and locations, enhancing its use as a solution for large and national-scale projects.
30-day trial versions and algorithm demo apps are available for download to evaluate the new technologies.
As with all Neurotechnology products, the latest version is a free upgrade for existing customers.